Mississippi Association of Educators advocates great public schools for every child by empowering members, providing services and promoting parental/community involvement.
We imagine the day when ALL public-school students graduate from high school and/or college with the tools they need to succeed in college and/or the careers of their choice.
To achieve our mission, and realize our vision of all students graduating from high school prepared to succeed in college or in their careers, we, the Mississippi Association of Educators, will grow and strengthen our Association and promote quality public education by:
Creating an organizing culture and building strategic partnerships
- Providing professional growth and support opportunities
- Securing a pro-public education environment for students, educators, and families
- Advancing racial and social justice in education.
To grow and strengthen the Mississippi Association of Educators, we will organize our members around issues that impact teaching and learning as well as the communities in which our students live and the lives of our students within those communities. In partnership with the the National Education Association and our locals, the Mississippi Association of Educators will:
Create an organizing culture throughout the Association and build strategic partnerships to strengthen our organizational capacity.
- Grow Association membership
- Strengthen member engagement by identifying, recruiting, training, and empowering local leaders
- Identify, recruit, support, and empower New and Early Career Educators
- Develop and leverage capacity by focusing on organizing, fiscal health, technology, leadership development, and strategic partnerships
- Build and support governance and staffing structures that are responsive to the needs of our membership.
Provide Professional Supports
- Build a system of Association-driven, educator-led professional learning and supports for all educators across their career continua to ensure student success and educators’ professional development.
Secure the Environment to Advance the Mission of MAE
- Build and strengthen partnerships with external stakeholders
- Increase educator engagement in the political process
- Actively support the election of pro-public education candidates and public officials
- Use all available means to protect the rights of students and educators, as well as the future of Mississippi public education
Advance Racial and Social Justice in Education
- Engage members in an awareness of racial and social justice issues
- Provide opportunities for cultural proficiency
- Work to dismantle the cradle-to-school-to-prison pipeline