Join MAE Today! You belong in the Movement!
OUR MEMBERS CREATE MEANINGFUL CHANGE FOR EDUCATORS, STUDENTS, AND COMMUNITIES
MAE makes sure the voices of educators are actually heard. Together, we have successfully raised educator wages, improved working conditions, and increased public school funding. We can have an even stronger voice when you join us today.
We have a powerful voice when we come together... Our union is a vehicle for us to create the change that we want to see in our schools
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Educators deserve professional pay for professional work. We were successful in our efforts to achieve the highest pay raise for teachers in Mississippi history during the recent Legislative session.
As the first successful advocates for health care insurance and a retirement fund for teachers, we continue with our diligent efforts to make sure teacher salaries and benefits are substantial and appropriate.
WINS & WORK
- Largest Pay Raise in State History: Through tireless advocacy MAE members secured one of the most significant pay bumps in the country in 2022. Educators advocated for legislation (House Bill 530) that raises teachers’ salaries by more than 10 percent—the largest pay raise in the state’s history. The pay raise, which increases teachers’ annual salaries by an average of roughly $5,100 and includes $2,000 salary increases for teachers’ assistants, was made possible because MAE members organized together: participating in rallies, conducting a media blitz to directly engage the public, talking directly to legislator, and using their educator voice.
- Historic School Funding Increase: Thanks to the collective voice of thousands of MAE members, the Mississippi Legislature has approved an additional $100 million to fund schools (HB 1613). Based on the 2022-23 student enrollment data provided by the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE), the extra $100 million translates to approximately $227 per student. ;
- Leading the Fight for Safe Water: In addition to direct action providing bottled water to schools and communities, MAE members have compiled and shared resources and solutions to get our students and their families the safe water they need and deserve.
- Advocating for Equitable Early Childhood Opportunities: As part of the MAE Legislative platform, members are fighting to establish pre-K and kindergarten programs for every early education student in the state and to include pre-k and kindergarten students in ADA counts.
- Being part of the collective voice fighting for increased pay and benefits
- Protecting and enhancing educator rights and offering guidance, advice, and, if necessary, legal representation.
- Advocating for improved working and student learning conditions.
- Joining forces to move the issues that matter most to you and that affect your students’ lives
- MAE is one of the largest providers of high-quality professional development training in the state. That’s because we actively seek the best opportunities for impactful learning.
- MAE has access to robust leadership training courses that will give you the skills to be an effective leader in your school, community, and state.
- Improving your buying power and saving money with the MAE Discount Marketplace and NEA’s Member Benefits program
- Members get access to the best team of education law experts in the state. Having our liability insurance makes sure that MAE has you covered. And, our strong legal minds on your side help you navigate the issues that may affect you.
- We provide legal assistance for members in job-related disputes with NO out-of-pocket expenses for the member. You can also get access to legal services for personal matters.
I do what I do because I believe in the future of our children...To be a part of something bigger than yourself, we can accomplish so much more than we can working alone.
Have you ever walked into your job, and everyone around you is a life-changer?